Here is this week’s news:
- Just a reminder of the excellent UCM/SHARE collection care conference on 20 January at Hughes Hall, Cambridge at http://sharemuseumseast.org.uk/events/3rd-annual-share-collections-care-conference/.
- The ‘Papworth 100’ heritage project (see attached brief) is looking for a film maker.
- The V&A Professional Development programme for Spring/Summer 2017 is now available at the V&A website and their dedicated LinkedIn showcase page. The full course booklet is also available to download here (PDF).
- The Museums Association is inviting tenders for research into museum mentoring. See http://www.museumsassociation.org/news/06122016-ma-tenders-for-research-into-mentoring-best-practice.
- The Arts Council’s Museums and Resilient Leadership Programme is open for application until 31 January. Go to the MRL website to find out more and follow the link to apply for the Programme.
- The Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology is looking for an Administrative Assistant, closing date 4 January, at http://www.jobs.cam.ac.uk/job/12225/.
- Saffron Walden Museum wants to borrow a wide-brimmed Edwardian hat, a 1920s cloche hat and some mannequin heads, for an exhibition which will run from the end of January to the end of July 2017. If you can help, please email Leah Mellors at LMellors@uttlesford.gov.uk.
- I realise it’s VERY short notice but I have only just heard about a rare opportunity to see the remains of a Medieval Augustinian Friary in Cambridge! The Archaeology Open Day is on the New Museums Site (see attached) on Saturday 17 December.
- SHARE have an excellent fundraising workshop in Peterborough on 24 January. See http://sharemuseumseast.org.uk/events/introduction-to-fundraising/.