Happy New Year and here are a few items of news to start 2017:
- Chatteris Museum invites you to a Must Farm exhibition at Chatteris Church on 12 January, 3pm-6pm (see attached).
- Please see the attached notice of an ACE-funded project designed to help small museums make links with industry, called ‘Symbiosis’.
- There is a seminar in London on 12 January to promote an ACE-funded museum volunteering project called ‘Volunteer Makers’, which has obvious parallels with our own SWIM project. Further information is at http://volunteermakers.org/national-volunteer-engagement-training-programme/volunteer-makers-london-south-east-seminar/
- The University Museum of Zoology is advertising for an Education Assistant, closing date 24 January. Details are at http://www.jobs.cam.ac.uk/job/12501/.
- Wisbech Museum has been in the local news a fair bit over the last few weeks e.g. http://www.wisbechstandard.co.uk/news/fighting_for_the_future_of_wisbech_and_fenland_museum_the_grim_reality_of_what_happens_when_a_council_withdraws_funding_1_4837769
- Chatteris Museum have some surplus Proceedings of the Cambridge Antiquarian Society, free to good homes. If the museum wants to contact Ian Mason at email@example.com and 07979-334833. They are for these years: 1951,2,3, 1964, 1972-3,8, 1981-3,8-9, 1990-1 & 2 (vol. 1),5-6,9, 2001-9.
- English Heritage is advertising for a Curator of Art Collections based in Cambridge, closing date 8 January. See https://www.le.ac.uk/museumstudies/Jobs2/full_job_descriptions/46822.htm