There is an exceptionally long list of news this week!
- Wisbech Museum is advertising the post of Project manager for the HLF-funded ‘Fit for the Future’ project, closing date 17 February. Details of the post are attached. Last week the Museum and the project featured on Anglia TV at Search : wisbech museum | Anglia – ITV News.
- The David Parr House is advertising for a Project Manager and Audiences & Learning Manager for the HLF-funded ‘Life and Art in a Workers House’ project, closing date 9 February. Further information can be found on their website news section http://davidparrhouse.org/tours-2/ .
- The Museum of Cambridge is advertising two posts (Project Manager and Assistant) for their Esmée Fairbairn-funded ‘Tracing Traditions’ project, closing dates 27 January. Details are at https://www.le.ac.uk/museumstudies/Jobs2/full_job_descriptions/46943.htm and https://www.le.ac.uk/museumstudies/Jobs2/full_job_descriptions/46944.htm.
- The SHARE Children and Young People conference is at Ely Cathedral on 7 February. Details are at http://sharemuseumseast.org.uk/events/object-lessons-4-share-festival-bridge-and-royal-opera-house-bridge-children-and-young-people-conference/. I shall be wearing my winter woollies!
- Congratulations to the Norris Museum on being awarded £50,000 from the SHARE Ready to Borrow programme. The deadline for applications to round two is 26 May at click here and there are complementary small grants at click here.
- Just a reminder of the excellent-looking SHARE fundraising event on 24 January at Introduction to Fundraising – Peterborough .
- Peterborough Museum is also selling a fascinating children’s booklet called ‘Issy and the Leedsichthys’, http://www.bigjurassicfish.com/schools/story/ (see attached).
- If you’ve wanted to know how to improve your ‘pitch’ to businesses and other organisations consider the ACE-funded ‘Pitch Perfect’ training at Huntingdon on 8-9 February, details at http://www.cambridgeshiremusic.org/assets/PDF/pitch-perfect-training-course-information.pdf .
- The Museums and Universities Partnership Initiative has an event at the Fitzwilliam Museum on 21 February. To book visit: https://www.publicengagement.ac.uk/work-with-us/current-projects/museum-university-partnerships-initiative
- The latest newsletter of the British Association of Friends of Museums is attached.
- Finally you may like to look at this useful and self-explanatory blog at https://accessibility.blog.gov.uk/2016/09/02/dos-and-donts-on-designing-for-accessibility/.