Here is this week’s news round-up:
- Firstly, hearty congratulations to Ely Museum for securing HLF stage one funds of £159,300 towards new galleries, visitor facilities, events and exhibitions. For more details see http://www.elystandard.co.uk/news/ely_museum_to_unlock_potential_of_old_gaol_thanks_to_159_000_heritage_lottery_fund_boost_1_4855601.
- The Art Fund is working with The Museum Consultancy and Oxford University to research the changing nature of museum curatorship. If you would like to participate please click here.
- Vivacity is advertising a heritage events internship, closing date is 27th January (see attached). Interested candidates should apply with a CV and covering letter to Gill Benedikz at Gill.Benedikz@vivacity-peterborough.com.
- IWM Duxford is advertising for a Producer Public Engagement and Learning at https://www.le.ac.uk/museumstudies/Jobs2/full_job_descriptions/47039.htm, closing date 2 February.
- I have been asked to repeat the mention made in MiC News no. 77 concerning Symbiosis, which has its launch event in London on 12 February. For details see https://www.eventbrite.com/e/symbiosis-a-new-model-of-resilience-for-specialist-museums-tickets-31282188869.
- Also a reminder that the deadline for the first strand of the MA’s Transformers Programme (see MiC News no. 72) is 27 January. See https://www.museumsassociation.org/professional-development/transformers/transformers-2016-18.
- The video created as part of MiC’s ‘Memories in the Community’ project has now been posted on Youtube at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKkrwFXdvWVNAnu_mBxZ50A?feature=em-share_video_user. I would like to thank all the project officers and partners (and especially Joe Hill from the Royal Anglian Regiment Museum) for all their hard work creating this excellent guide to making memory boxes.