Here’s the latest crop of Cambridgeshire museum news:
- I attach a press release for ‘Twilight at the Museums’ which will be happening on 15 February 4.30 – 7.30pm. It is a free after-hours event for families where museums across Cambridge open their doors for a variety of torch-lit and illuminated adventures. For more information visit http://www.museums.cam.ac.uk/twilight.
- A ‘Child Protection and Safeguarding in the Arts and Cultural Sector’ course is taking place at The Garage in Norwich on the 20 April 2017. The course fee of £130 includes lunch, refreshments and a certificate of attendance. You can book your place online www.artswork.org.uk/event/159 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org / 02380 332491.
- The SHARE Retail Forum is meeting on 27 February at the Botanic Gardens; details are here.
- I attach some slides sent to me via the National Security Adviser of some items which were probably stolen in England. Please let me know if you recognise any of them. It’s a big file so I shall be alert to the possibility that it may cause inbox problems for some.
- Just a reminder that the free copyright service (MiC News 68; see flyer attached here) is available until 21 March.
- Also a reminder of the Museums Association regional event at the Fitzwilliam Museum on 8 February http://www.museumsassociation.org/find-an-event/ev1196716.
- The National Trust is advertising for a Visitor Experience Officer at Anglesey Abbey; see https://www.le.ac.uk/museumstudies/Jobs2/full_job_descriptions/47144.htm.
- I now have a County Council mobile phone 07747 205575 so (if you are ever likely to call or text me) could you please update your contact details for me?