Here is the latest news relevant to Cambridgeshire museums:
- Firstly, congratulations to the Cambridge Museum of Technology on their HLF Stage Two award which is great news! They are now able to advertise for an Assistant Curator, closing date 9 March (see attached advert and job description).
- The evaluation report for MiC’s excellent ‘Memories in the Community’ project is now up on the MiC website. There is also an accompanying printed toolkit which I will be sending out over the next few weeks. Thank you again to all who participated in this project.
- AIM are advertising some very useful new grants at https://aimuseums.wordpress.com/2017/02/10/aim-launches-collection-care-audit-scheme-for-smaller-museums/.
- The Audience Diversity Academy is looking for applicants for its latest programme, closing date 17 March (see attached) flyer.
- The British Association of Friends of Museums‘ latest regional newsletter is attached (no. 28).
- Great St Mary’s Church is advertising for a Heritage Education Officer, closing date 20 March (see attached). Mail Margaret Johnston at email@example.com for further information and the supporting evidence application form.
- Papworth 100 have extended their deadline to 3 March for the HLF-funded Heritage Assistant (Apprentice) at https://www.jobs.nhs.uk/xi/search_vacancy/8eb2bb0fe1b3b458087d388297f6a589/.
- The British Museum has some interesting programmes of interest to the wider museum community, for example check their knowledge exchange programme (see attached).
- There may be a few places on the introduction to documentation course at Chelmsford on Friday; see https://essexmdo.com/events/documentation/.
- The Fitzwilliam Museum is advertising for a Conservator of works of art on paper (prints), closing date 27 March. Details at job 47429 at http://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/museumstudies/JobsDesk.
- Kettle’s Yard are advertising for a Communications Assistant, closing date 16 March. Details at job 47414 at the link as in item 10.
- Ely Museum are advertising for tenders for a Project Manager, closing date 13 March. Details at job 47418 at the link as in item 10.
- UCM are advertising a Museum Learning Project Assignment, closing date 20 March, to work on their ‘India Unboxed’ 2017 UK-India Year of Culture project (see attached).