Here is this week’s museum-related news:
- The deadline to be included in the next round of press releases for the ‘Museums at Night’ Festival 17-20 May is 17 March. Register at http://museumsatnight.org.uk/how-to-register-your-museums-at-night-event/#.Vw-zcdQrLct.
- The ‘Let’s Get Real: Young Audiences’ conference is on 20 March at the Museum of London. There will be ideas for making your digital offer relevant to children and teenagers and to hear from Raspberry Pi, the Holocaust Memorial Centre & Museum, Google Arts & Culture and others. Details at www.letsgetrealconference.com.
- The SHARE Volunteer Awards for 2017 have been launched. Nominations need to be submitted by 21 April and the awards ceremony will be on 8 June. For details see attached poster and go to http://sharemuseumseast.org.uk/volunteer-awards/.
- Please find attached details of the excellent University of Cambridge Museums 2017 Collections Care and Conservation Professional Courses Programme.
- The AMA has two ACE-funded programmes which have already had significant impact through previous participants, including several MiC members. ‘Future Proof Museums’ is for museums to become more resilient and ‘The Digital Marketing Academy’ is for organisations to develop their digital marketing. The application forms and information packs for the next round are as follows: www.a-m-a.co.uk/futureproof deadline 25 April; www.a-m-a.co.uk/digital-marketing-academy deadline Friday 5 May 2017.
- The closing date for the Heritage Assistant (Apprentice) at Papworth (see MiC News no. 82) is now 10 March. See job number 47542 at http://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/museumstudies/JobsDesk.
- The Cambridge Museum of Technology is advertising an Exhibition Design Consultancy for their HLF-funded redevelopment, closing date 24 March. Details are at job no. 47524 at the link in item 5.
- The Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology is advertising for a Visitor Services Co-ordinator, closing date 24 March. Details at job no. 47501 at the link in item 5.
- The SHARED Enterprise Funding Fair will be at the Museum of East Anglian Life on 28 April. Details available soon.
- The next SHARE Front of House Forum event is on commercial resilience, at St Albans on 6 April. Details are at http://sharemuseumseast.org.uk/events/front-of-house-forum-working-wonders-commercial-resiliance/. There will be a minibus going from the Fitzwilliam Museum.
- HLF are advertising for a maternity cover Evaluation Manager who could be based at any HLF office, closing date 20 March; details are at https://forms.hlf.org.uk/applications/HLFJobs_PublicPortal.ofml.
- Finally, you may notice from my email signature that my official address has changed from Cambourne to Shire Hall in Cambridge!