Here is this week’s museum news from the County (and a neighbouring one):
- Essex County Council is advertising for a Museum Development Officer (Maternity Cover), details at https://essexcc.taleo.net/careersection/ecc_external/jobdetail.ftl?job=10754&lang=en. Closing date Wednesday 22 March.
- This is a reminder that MiC members have access to the Priority User service from Harwell Restoration, initially until 30 September, as per MiC News no. 72. I hope to renew this service from 1 October, but please note that at this level the service does not include free recovery and transport of damaged items to a secure location. Emma Dadson from Harwell will explain the service at the next MiC meeting on 27 April (venue TBA). May I suggest that you note again MiC’s contract number PU1018 and the Hotline number 01235 434373?
- As a follow on from the last item, is it possible that any MiC member is able to offer emergency storage to fellow members? Please let me know (in confidence if you like) if you think you may be able to help with this.
- I am currently investigating how the County Council’s ‘Schools News’ distribution service works and will report what I discover.
- Burwell Museum has a further three batches of items to dispose of (see attached). As previously if you are interested contact contact email@example.com or 01638 605544.
- The Museum of Cambridge is advertising two posts, both with closing dates of 24 March (see attached).