Here are this week’s news items:
- The next meeting of Museums in Cambridgeshire will be at the Cambridge Museum of Technology on the morning of 27 April. I will send out an agenda next week.
- The Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology are advertising for an Education and Outreach Assistant, closing date 7 April. Details at job no. 47690 at http://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/museumstudies/JobsDesk.
- The Fitzwilliam Museum is advertising for a Senior Chief Technician (paintings, drawings and prints), closing date 26 March. Details at http://www.jobs.cam.ac.uk/job/13107/.
- SHARED Enterprise’s second Funding Fair is at the Museum of East Anglian Life in Stowmarket on 28 April and promises to be a great day, as was last year’s. Sign up at http://sharemuseumseast.org.uk/events/shared-enterprise-funding-fair-2/.
- Please find attached information about ‘Prosper’, a new business support programme for organisations such as museums, which opens on 27 March: http://www.creativeunited.org.uk/programme/prosper/.
- The free copyright advice service, run by Naomi Korn for the East of England, closes on Tuesday 21st March 2017. For information on how to use the service, click here.
- The 2015-2016 Benchmarking statistics are now available at http://sharemuseumseast.org.uk/benchmarking/. There will be an opportunity to discuss these results at the MiC meeting (see item 1).
- Could you please let me know if you are planning anything to commemorate women getting the vote in 1918, as I am considering doing a project on this subject?