I have to report that Ramsey Rural Museum have been burgled just before their season starts. The Police say that the burglars are targeting places with grass and are looking for sit on mowers, so if you have that sort of gear please double check that is it as secure as possible. In the meantime I’m sure you’ll join me in letting the Ramsey team know they have our sincere best wishes.
This week’s other news:
- The Cambridgeshire Museums Forum will next meet at the Farmland Museum on the afternoon of 30 June. We will send out the agenda as soon as possible.
- There are still places left on SHARE’s 23 May session on publishing conservation or collection care research, to be held at Ely. See http://sharemuseumseast.org.uk/events/getting-your-conservation-work-published-a-share-conservation-network-event/.
- IWM Duxford are advertising two posts; a Press Assistant at https://www.le.ac.uk/museumstudies/Jobs2/full_job_descriptions/47798.htm closing date 31 March, and an Exhibitions Technician at
- https://www.le.ac.uk/museumstudies/Jobs2/full_job_descriptions/47739.htm, closing date 2 April.
- The Newsletter of the British Association of Friends of Museum is attached.
- The University Museum of Zoology is advertising for as Volunteer Co-ordinator at http://www.jobs.cam.ac.uk/job/13240/, closing date 18 April.