Here is this week’s news, but firstly may I ask you please to note that I now have a new post office box number (see my signature below):
- The deadline for submitting a return to the all-important SHARE Training Needs Survey has been extended to 7 May. If you have not already done so please do take five minutes to submit your views, which are really important.
- There is a Heritage Assistant post advertised at Papworth Hospital, closing date 5 May, details at https://www.le.ac.uk/museumstudies/Jobs2/full_job_descriptions/48139.htm.
- There are two posts currently advertised at Kettle’s Yard, closing dates 15 May: Visitor Services Manager and Facilities & Security Manager; for details see http://www.kettlesyard.co.uk/about/jobs-employment/.
- The Fitzwilliam Museum is advertising for a Learning Associate, closing date 9 May, see job no. 48194 at http://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/museumstudies/JobsDesk.
- The National Trust at Anglesey Abbey is advertising for an Interpretation Officer, closing date 14 May, see job no. 48153 at http://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/museumstudies/JobsDesk.
- SHARE are again offering collection review and rationalisation grants, application deadline 2 June. For details please go to http://sharemuseumseast.org.uk/collections-review-grants/
- The latest newsletter of the British Association of Friends of Museums is attached.
- Burwell Museum have a new batch of items for disposal (see attached).
- The South and East Museums Federation have a meeting about ‘People’s Stories and STEM’ on 10 May at Duxford, details here.