Here is the week’s news relevant to Cambridgeshire museums, in no particular order:
1. Freelancers may be interested in the attached brief for the strategic review of the Museum Development Network, closing date 2 June.
2. There is a SHARE Managing Digitisation Projects training day at the Panacea Museum in Bedford on 15 May, see http://sharemuseumseast.org.uk/events/managing-digitisation-projects/.
3. The South and East Museums Federation has a meeting on STEM at Duxford on 10 May. For details see http://www.semfed.org.uk/.
4. The summer meeting of the Cambridgeshire Museums Forum will be on the afternoon of 30 June at the Farmland Museum and Denny Abbey (details available soon). These meetings are always fun and there is generally strawberries and cream to be had…..
5. Hearty congratulations and good luck wishes are due to our neighbours at The National Heritage Centre for Horseracing and Sporting Art at Newmarket, which is one of the five museums shortlisted for this year’s Museum of the Year Award. https://www.artfund.org/supporting-museums/museum-of-the-year .
6. The Weston Loan Programme has just been launched to encourage loans from National collections; for details of how to apply see website.
7. This is a reminder that the closing date for this year’s SHARE excellent Mystery Shopper scheme is 12 May. For details see http://sharemuseumseast.org.uk/funding-and-grants/mystery-shopping-scheme/. The training days are on 19 or 20 May, in Cambridge.