Here are this week’s news items:
1. Please see attached an advert for a vacancy as one of the two Museum Volunteer Coordinators for the SWIM project, closing date 5 June. The vacancy has been created because Mike Brooks will be leaving the project on 2 June to pursue a similar role in a different organisation. Mike has made a huge contribution to both SWIM 1 and SWIM 2 and I know he will be missed by all the museums he has worked with. We are immensely grateful to him and wish him all the best in his new position.
2. Chatteris Museum has asked me to ask if anyone has a books and leaflet stand spare, ideally a tall rotating one but other types may suit them. May I suggest that you send firstname.lastname@example.org a photo if you think you may be able to help them?
3. I attach the latest newsletter of the British Association of Friends of Museums.
4. The next meeting of the SHARE Front of House Forum has now been arranged for 28 June, in Chelmsford. The theme is security.
5. The British Museum is looking for museums which might wish to take an exhibition during 2019 (one on LGBTQ histories and the other on ancient hoards). They also have a workshop on 20 June on how to make best use of drawing collections. I will happily forward details of any of these opportunities, if you might be interested in applying.