There is a varied selection of Cambridgeshire museum news as we go into Volunteers Week:
1. Wisbech Museum need some equipment for an exhibition they are mounting in August on the theme of portraits. Could you by any chance lend cafe/tearoom style tables and chairs; cafe serving equipment, tea urn, filter coffee machine small display stands/fridge, ice cream fridge; shop display units, bookshelves for second hand books; wooden stand for a statue (stand dimensions minimum 100 cm x 100 cm x 90 cm high). If you think you can help please email Ari Volanakis on firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. As mentioned last week, please sign your museum up for the 2016-2017 SHARE Benchmarking survey, which is now open at http://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/benchmarking1617, closing date 30 August.
3. The Norris Museum is advertising for a Weekend Assistant, closing date 25 June (see attached).
4. The SHARE Front of House Forum’s next event will be on the theme of security and will be at Chelmsford Museum on 28 June (see attached flyer).
5. The David Parr House in Cambridge is advertising for a fundraiser at http://davidparrhouse.org/tours-2/. Also see the attached brief.
6. There is an important seminar in Harlow on 22 June looking at the issue of heritage provision in new towns. Places are limited so book now at http://www.mkcdc.org.uk/documents/harlow-new-towns-heritage.pdf.