Here is this week’s news:
1. At last night’s delightful SHARE Volunteer Awards in Stowmarket there was a tremendous celebration of Cambridgeshire museum volunteers. The County had nominees in six of the eight categories, several of whom were Highly Commended: Chris Monk from the Centre for Computing History; Kevin Hall from the Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology; David Jenkins from the Cambridge Museum of Technology and one category winner, Sam Doye from the Centre of Computing History. Alice Zeitlyn from the Museum of Cambridge received the Judges Award. Congratulations to everyone involved!
2. Thorney Heritage Museum is inviting you to celebrate 30 years of the Museum on Saturday 24 June 2017. They are holding a small conference which is also a celebration of their HLF project “Profiles of notable people of Thorney”. For more information, and to book – all tickets are free! – please go to http://www.bookitbee.com and search for “Thorney”.
3. The funding portal for the Catalyst Small Grants funding programme at http://www.artscouncil.org.uk/funding/catalyst-small-grants, to build fundraising capacity and encourage more private giving to arts and culture, opens 13 July 2017. The application deadline is midday 10 August 2017, for projects between £10,000 and £30,000.
4. The CHEG meeting at Burwell Museum which was planned for 7 June has been postponed to 20 July, almost certainly at the same times and with the same speakers etc. Details will be available soon.
5. Vivacity Peterborough are advertising for a Heritage Teacher, closing date 19 June, job no 48505 at http://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/museumstudies/JobsDesk .
6. The Churches Conservation Trust is advertising for a Heritage Learning Officer based in Cambridge, closing date 15 June, job no 48615 at the link in 4 above.
7. The National Trust at Anglesey Abbey is advertising for a House Steward, closing date 22 June, job no. 48628 at the link in item 4.
8. Ely Museum is advertising for consultants for business planning, interpretation and exhibition and activity planning for their HLF project, closing dates 14 July. These are job nos. 48678-80 at the link in item 4.
9. The South and East Museums Federation study day and AGM will be held at Kings Lynn on 5 July. Details will be available soon.
With best wishes for the weekend