Here is this week’s museum news:
1. I am delighted to introduce Anne Marie Taylor as the new Volunteer Coordinator for the SWIM project. Anne started today, working with Mark Copley and myself. There will be a chance to meet Anne Marie at the Museums Forum summer meeting on the afternoon of 30 June.
2. As mentioned in MiC News no. 94, SHARE’S regional benchmarking for 2016-2017 has now been launched and I would ask you please to fill in the attached form as soon as possible, at http://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/benchmarking1617, or at any rate by 30 August. Cambridgeshire had a very high rate of responses last year, which yielded great information, so let’s do it again this year!
3. The latest regional newsletter of the British Association of Friends of Museums is attached.
4. The South and East Museums Federation has its AGM combined with a study day in King’s Lynn on Wednesday 5th July: ‘Mayors, Miscreants and Maritime’ is 10.30am – 4pm. For further details and booking information visit the SEM Federation website: http://www.semfed.org.uk/events/study-days/.
5. The Department of Archaeology and Anthropology at the University of Cambridge is advertising for a Collection Manager, closing date 26 June. See http://www.jobs.cam.ac.uk/job/14025/