Here is this week’s museum news for Cambridgeshire:
1. Applications close on 14 July for this year’s Volunteers for Museum Learning Award. For more information go to http://www.britishmuseum.org/about_us/volunteers/marsh_awards.aspx.
2. The SHARE Front of House Forum meets on 28 June at Chelmsford Museum on the theme of museum security (see MiC News no. 35). A minibus to the event will be leaving from outside the Fitzwilliam Museum at 8.15, leaving Chelmsford at 3pm.
3. Just a reminder that the Cambridgeshire Museums Forum summer meeting is at the Farmland Museum on the afternoon of 30 June.
4. The Fitzwilliam Museum is advertising for a Temporary Facilities Administrator, closing date 30 June. This is job no. 48824 at http://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/museumstudies/JobsDesk.
5. The Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology is advertising for a Museum Attendant, closing date 7 July. This is job no. 48760 at the link in item 3.
6. IWM Duxford is advertising for an Assistant Conservator, closing date 30 June. This is job no. 48687 at the link in item 3.
7. Kettle’s Yard is advertising for a Retail Manager, closing date 5 July. Details are at http://www.jobs.cam.ac.uk/job/14110/.
8. Please note that I am on annual leave for the week commencing 10 July.