Here is this week’s Cambridgeshire museum news:
- The Fitzwilliam Museum has contacted me to pass on an offer of five display cases which are surplus to their requirements (see the attached photo and sketch) with a further five which are 100-200mm narrower. If you are interested please let me know and I’ll put you in touch.
- The SHARE training calendar opens for bookings today!
- This is just a reminder of the Discover and Explore Arts Award training at the Museum of Cambridge on 13 September. If you are interested and there are still places please book at http://sharemuseumseast.org.uk/events/arts-award-training-discover-and-explore/.
- IWM Duxford is advertising for a Collection Care Technician at https://www.le.ac.uk/museumstudies/Jobs2/full_job_descriptions/49324.htm, closing date 4 September.
- I attach the latest newsletter of the regional British Association of Friends of Museums.
- Waterbeach Military Heritage Museum are in need of a plan chest, so please contact me if you have one to spare.
- Kettle’s Yard has a vacancy for a Development Assistant, closing date 15 September, at http://www.jobs.cam.ac.uk/job/14750/.
- The Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology has a vacancy for a Technician, closing date 22 September, at http://www.jobs.cam.ac.uk/job/14843/.
- The Museum of Archaeology has two vacancies, firstly for an Ethnographic Conservator, closing date 25 September, job no. 49400 at , and for a Workshop Tecnician, closing date 22 September, job no. 49399 both at the same website as in item 4 above.
- Finally you may have read about the theft of metal objects from Bergen University. Photos are available at https://www.facebook.com/groups/Vikingskatten/?fref=tsps.
- Just a reminder that the MiC AGM is on the morning of 21 September at the Norris Museum. The agenda will be mailed very soon.
Finally, just to mention that I shall be on leave from tomorrow till 11 Sept inclusive.