Here is this week’s round up of news for Cambridgeshire museums:
- The report on small grants projects for 2016-2017 is now available at https://museumsincambs.org/about-mic/cambridgeshire-museums-small-grants-2016-17/.
- SPECTRUM 5.0 has been released at http://collectionstrust.org.uk/spectrum/spectrum-5-0/. The Cambridgeshire Museums Forum hope to be able to focus on this at their next meeting, on 22 February.
- The latest newsletter of the British Association of Friends of Museum is attached.
- Last week my colleagues in ‘The Library Presents’ sent information to museums and have discovered there is a typo in theme, so if this applies to you could you please take down the fliers and posters (if you’ve put them up). The programmes are fine, so please promote those. We’ll send out new posters shortly.
- There is a forthcoming SHARED Enterprise workshop on ‘Data Savvy Fundraising: what you need to know about the GDPR’. The new laws come into force in May next year and the penalty fines for non-compliance will apply to all organisations, without exception, regardless of size or charitable status. It is therefore essential training for all museums. The workshop is being repeated in two different locations to make it as accessible as possible: 18 October – Ipswich Art School – click to book and 7 December – Epping Forest District Museum – click to book.
- Finally, if you haven’t already done so, you can book your place at the SHARE Conference on 6 November at click here.
- Kettle’s Yard have a vacancy for a Programme and Collections Assistant, closing date 12 October, at https://www.le.ac.uk/museumstudies/Jobs2/full_job_descriptions/49744.htm.