There are several news items this week:
- The Norris Museum is advertising for a Community Projects Officer, closing date 24 June. See the attached advert, details and application form.
- The Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology is advertising for a Collections Assistant (Museum Affordances), closing date 6 June at, https://www.le.ac.uk/museumstudies/Jobs2/full_job_descriptions/52133.htm.
- IWM Duxford is advertising for a fee-paid Retail and Admissions Assistant, closing date 8 June, at https://www.le.ac.uk/museumstudies/Jobs2/full_job_descriptions/52148.htm .
- The next meeting of the Cambridgeshire Museums Forum will be at Ramsey Museum on 27 June (details to follow).
- The SHARE Heritage Engineering Network’s next meeting is at Prickwillow Museum on 4 June.
- The Whipple Museum will be closing from 4 July 2018 until January 2019 for essential improvement works. The collection will still be fully accessible for research purposes. To set up a research visit or for general enquiries about the collection, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Learning and engagement work will continue in alternative venues. Check here for updates: http://www.sites.hps.cam.ac.uk/whipple/.
- There is an exciting opportunity which you may wish to circulate for volunteer archaeologists on the A14 excavations (see attached).