Regular round-up of news for Museums in Cambridgeshire from Gordon Chancellor, Museums Partnership Officer.
- Following the announcement in MiC newsletter no 3 of the MAA’s exhibition on the archaeology of childhood, I’d like to pass on the link to the project blog: https://archaeologyofchildhoodproject.wordpress.com/.
- Please see information for the UCM Marketing and Communications Coordinator vacancy, closing date 7 April.
- Details of the IWM Duxford Collections Assistant vacancies (closing dates tomorrow!) are at job number 40776 http://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/museumstudies/JobsDesk.
- The Cambridgeshire Aviation Museums Forum (CAMF)’s next meeting will almost certainly be at Alconbury on 29 June. Please let me know if you want to be added to the CAMF mailing list to get further details of the meeting.
- Don’t forget that the closing date for nominations for the SHARE volunteer awards is 27 March (see http://sharemuseumseast.org.uk/announcing-the-2015-share-volunteer-awards/).
- To register an event for Cambridgeshire County Council’s ‘Home Front’ WW2 Anniversary go to cambridgeshire.gov.uk/ww2 where you can download the form. If you would like to discuss your idea or would like any help or advice, do not hesitate to get in touch. You may also be interested in the following support which is available that could support your event:
- Help getting to and from events – Community Transport provides journeys for people who have difficulty using conventional public transport.
- Armed Forces Day grant funding – Funding of up to £10,000 is available for events marking Armed Forces Day at the end of June 2015. This is a link to a national funding scheme, the application deadline is Friday 27 March 2015.