Regular round-up of news for Museums in Cambridgeshire from Gordon Chancellor, Museums Partnership Officer.
Firstly I can confirm that the next meeting of Museums in Cambridgeshire (MiC) will be in the Syndicate Room at the Fitzwilliam Museum at 2pm on Thursday 30 April (I will send out more details in after Easter). Now other items:
- The Farmland Museum is advertising for an Education Access Officer, closing date 17 April
Advert – Education Access Officer – Farmland Museum
- The deadline for nominations for both the SHARE volunteer awards and expressions of interest for the SHARE Mystery Shopper programme is 27 March. Please go to http://sharemuseumseast.org.uk / for all the details you will need for these two great initiatives.
- HLF have a Twitter Event from 3pm to 4pm on 25 March. Tweet @HLFEoE with #HLFQandA.
- On 17 April in Southampton there is a marketplace for temporary exhibitions – if you would like the details please let me know (I’d rather not attach a 2 Mb file here).
- The Fitzwilliam also have vacancies for documentation interns, closing date 7 April.
Documentation interns 2015 final 9315
- The Fitzwilliam Museum is looking for a Head of Learning, closing date 30 March
Ad for Head of Learning
- The next meeting of the SHARE Front of House Forum is at Chelmsford on 11 June. I understand that there will be a minibus to take folk to and from Cambridge for this event.
- Norfolk Museums Service has just launched a new Conservation and Design Service at http://conserveanddisplay.co.uk/ – please do get in contact if you require their assistance at 01603 223387 firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The is an e-Hive collection management workshop at Stowmarket on 17 April
ehive flyer Stowmarket
- The deadline for applying to win an artist(!) and £3,000 for Museums at Night October events is 27 March. Go to http://museumsatnight.org.uk/connect/ to read more. The deadline for registering Museums at Night May events at https://museumsatnight.wordpress.com/how-to-register-your-museums-at-night-event/ is tonight!
- May I draw your attention to the Front of House training at Ely on 27 April? Details are at http://sharemuseumseast.org.uk/events/welcome-all-front-of-house-training/ .
- Last but not least, congratulations to St Neots Museum for achieving Full Accreditation!